Thursday 17 January 2013

the girls art/study area

Our house isn't very big, so organisation is essential! and because the house is old we dont have alot of built in storage either. I was thinking of putting a desk in the girls bedroom, but they need all the space they could get for playing!

We are lucky to have a nice open living/dining area in our home and there was one particular wall that just needed something...

So I allocated the spot for a little study, art, craft, computer station.

(Wish I had a before shot to show you the difference. Obviously I wasnt blogging yet....anyhoo, goes to show really you just need a wall!)

The girls love this space, they actually spend alot of time here.  Little budding artist Ash and designer Hayley.

We got the cupboards from Ikea (BESTA/TOFTA storage series), comes in red as well! Stores all our paperwork, pencils/textas etc, art and craft bits.
Then Chris, being a chippy put in the desktop for me....An old piece of noticeboard did the job for the wall in between. I covered it in the Ikea TIDNY fabric (9.99m) just to pretty it up a bit.
The set of downlights was also from Ikea, lighting was important.



At first we were just using our dining chairs because they were a good height, untill I found the exact stools I was after....height adjustable and again, yes, from Ikea. (I find so many great things there that are very affordable, but still stylish too).

So, mission accomplished...little nook created. Its great because I can see them from the kitchen, lounge etc too.

 Great sharing space.
Ash drawing away....

Beau even has his own little spot close by.
Add caption
A better view of how it turned out...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love this idea! I can think of just the spot for this in our house! Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was such a wasted space before....

    ReplyDelete