Wednesday 16 January 2013

Baby Beaus room

Our little fella is one year old next month! where did the year go? crazy how fast they grow....

We have made his bedroom in the quietest corner of the house, but he also has the smallest room....its tiny! (but it is cute). I like baby rooms to be colourful, happy places, with little interesting things to look at because afterall, he does still spend alot of time in his cot.

I have always loved bunting too, but kept putting it off, one because I didnt have a sewing machine and secondly I never found the colours I was after elsewhere. I could have easily sourced some nice fabrics I liked and I am sure my Mum would have let me use her machine, afterall it is very easy to make.  I have seen paper bunting and I think it can look just as nice! so easy fix....

After visiting a local scrapbook store and having fun searching through all the lovely papers the girls and I decided on our favourites.

love vintage planes, especially for a little boys room.



 Was so easy to make, we just needed ribbon (I used nearly 7m just for his tiny room), scissors and a glue stick! (just the ordinary Bostik glue stick you can find in any supermarket/newsagent, etc).

So we cut a triangle to the size we wanted and used that for a template for the rest... then simply stuck them to the ribbon! Little thumb tacks did the job to hold it in place at 3 places on the wall.


Our handsome little man Beau, 11 months.


(Fabric from Ikea stapled
onto 3 canvas adds some nice colour)

I also painted some wooden letters for his name...











Hayley helping cut the paper...easy to get kids involved. (Above, Beau and Daddy checking it out).






No comments:

Post a Comment