Tuesday 15 January 2013

a little bit of art...

Here are a couple paintings I have done in the past, now I just find it alot harder finding a good couple hours to indulge myself.

 I find it very hard walking away from an unfinished work....but I plan to work on that, or it may be a while before I complete any more paintings. Starting to dabble in some abstract works too...





I have a real love of dogs....in particular Jack Russell terriers, sadly I have had a few over the years, the ones above have all been dearly loved pets...




This painting (above) is actually one I copied from dutch artist Rien Poortvliet, (I figured if it came anything out like a proffesional artists work then maybe I wasnt to bad) 


A lighthouse in Maine USA, a special spot my sister and I got to visit on a trip to the US.




2 comments:

  1. Deahne, you are one gifted lady!!! Who knows at this time how high you will soar? Go girl!
    Is there also perhaps a little story that goes with the exquisite little black dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gorgeous, but sad little black lab I painted from a photograph in a magazine, I just loved the look of his/her soft velvety fur and I only used white paint over the black background. (Trying different techniques).
    At the time I was thinking of starting pet portraits.

    ReplyDelete