Monday 13 January 2014

Hayley- one of my fave pics (age 3)

Well, this time I am trying to get into a bit of watercolour painting. I tend to use mainly acrylic paints when I do have a go, but I have dabbled in watercolours before....I have to say I am pretty rusty! anyway, I thought I would paint one of my fave photos of Hayley that my Dad took years ago, I think it really captured her shyness at the time.

Heres my finished product, used watercolour paints, black artline pen and my fave derwent coloured pencils. Took about an hour all up, but next time I will use thicker paper as I just used normal paper so the watercolour paints ended up making the paper go a little out of shape and lumpy. I tried taking a colour copy of it hoping the bumps wouldnt be as noticable it did help a little...(note to self) anyhoo, Hayley loved it, thats the main thing! I will keep at it....

 My watercolour/coloured pencil/artline pen version:



Dads photo:


Love, love painting, definately going to try and commit more time to it. My happy place, well one of them anyway.

bye for now,

Deahne xo

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented Deahne! Are you going to frame this and hang it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Bec! thanks, yes, trying to decide...might keep it in our bedroom, have a few fave kiddie pics there.

    ReplyDelete