Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year!

2014! wow, where did 2013 go? crazy hey....

I hope to be extra creative this year and get out my paints/pencils again and get busy. Finding time for myself is not always easy, as most Mums/parents know...and then sometimes its nice to spend that precious time reading a good book or just watching mindless tv or a movie. Anyhoo, thats my intention.....we'll see how I go hehehe.

We all start the new year with the best intentions, I guess sticking to any resolutions is the hard part...

We had a great Christmas! the kiddies were spoilt rotten, Santa was very generous and so was family, lots of thoughtful, loving gifts. We are very blessed. It was a nice relaxing few days of eating, drinking and sharing time with our nearest and dearest.

All the decos are back, packed away for next Christmas. sigh. One thing I did want to add....my 10 year old daughter Hayley made some lovely decorations all on her own accord. Thought I should add them in as well, even though we have now finished Chrissy.

She had been online and next thing I know she was creating a lovely paper snowflake....it looked great! so I asked her if she would be happy to make a few more so we could hang them in the loungeroom. They turned out really well, I was very impressed with her efforts.
Here they are below. What a creative little chicky we have....




Here is Hayley making the snowflakes...step by step.


square piece of paper folded into a triangle....



Cut towards spine (fold) 3 or more times...


 folding in, without creasing and attaching with a little tape, turning paper over for each fold.




(She stuck them together with a little stickytape, this was the easiest option for her and still effective...)
Then we hung them with a little cotton, easy, but still pretty. Can try different sizes too, or any paper for that matter.

BTW while I am on the subject of my clever Hayley...check out this Christmas fascinator she made for herself....

(We got the idea from Pinterest, then Hayley went around and sourced different things/bits she could use to make herself one. She hopes to be a designer one day....I think she is off to a good start!)


Thats all for now, have a few plans on the backburner...will keep you posted.

Have a very happy new year from my family to yours!

Deahne xo

No comments:

Post a Comment