Friday 5 April 2013

Paintings x 3

I have been soooooo slack of late!! (I am putting it down to pure laziness, time to pull my finger out and get motivated again to keep creating).....My latest project I have been working on 3 separate paintings that I knew I wanted to display together.

 My inspiration behind these pieces is based alot on my love of fashion, in particular bold prints, Baroque, bright colour and clashing. I think separately they are ok, but together they make each other stand out more. Hopefully you agree....the lighting isnt the best for the photos (lovely dark rainy day) but the colours still seem bright and happy.


I have placed them in our entryway in the loungeroom, so the colours all fit in with the lounge and other furnishings too.

Here they are separately....
Simple grey

Neon floral

Baroque
Below is a photo from further back to see how it fits in with the lounge room current colour scheme.
The fam gives me the thumbs up, so the paintings can stay....must always meet approval from my very honest art critics. 
Would have been very simple to just cover these canvas's with some great printed fabrics, quick, effective and easy too! but this way I got to paint again and make them even more personal, the enjoyment is in painting. Till next time! (So excited its now Autumn too, my favourite season! the weather is getting cooler and I cant wait for the leaves to start changing and do some Autumn inspired creations too!) Watch this space....bye for now x.


PS. Below, a closer up shot of my Neon Floral painting.....bye again, Deahne.



1 comment: