Wednesday 20 March 2013

Ash sketch

Have tried my hand at sketching Ashley.....I dont usually like drawing faces much, probably because its so easy to get it so wrong. I think with some more practice I should get it better, will just have to keep working on it, but heres one I have finished.

I drew this from a black and white photo I had that one of our neighbours took of Ashley a few years ago.


So, SO hard to get her features right....may still chop and change a little, will have a look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes to see what needs tweaking. Love my little Ash. Next will have to tackle Hayley and Beau as well....but its bye for now....till next time!

2 comments:

  1. This portrait is really beautiful. Do you use pastels? x

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eli, thanks so much! I have tried pastels before, but prefer working with led pencils, watercolour pencils and/or acrylic paints. (Best part is experimenting to get the result I am happy with).

    ReplyDelete