Wednesday 5 March 2014

Just Keep Calm

Hiya! have completed another drawing last night, this one I put alot more detail into, took me a good few days and enjoyed every minute!

(Even managed to inspire the girls to turn off their gadgets and do some more drawing too.)

I took inspiration from some favourite prints/artworks by Marimekko, Laura Blythman and also from the dark recesses of the creative side of my brain hehehe.

Here was my work in progress, started last week....

Anyhoo, below, the finished work....done in black Bic marker extra fine point.

 A couple closer shots: (from my instagram and also camera/iphoto experimenting with different settings.)




Framed finished product

(I left the bottom open for interpretation ie Keep Calm and.....dream, draw, love, enjoy, etc) infact I am thinking of adding white cut out letters and doing different versions (ie my fave is dream) so on a printout of my drawing I can get it copied however with whatever...

Main reason I left it unsaid was because......well, just, keep calm.

Here are two artworks done by Hayley (10) and Ashley (7). We LOVE Laura Blythman and her whimsical animal art, so they took inspiration and had a go themselves, experimenting with all sorts of patterns and shapes, etc. Will be framing these for sure.

Hayley

Ashley
For some beautiful Laura Blythman art the link is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment