Monday 24 June 2013

"doodle art"

A little bit of doodling....

Yes, the title had my girls in stiches....kids hey hahahaha.

What are you going to do on a cold, rainy Winters day, well I got one of my artline markers out and started to do abit of drawing (or in this case "doodling"). Just random patterns, lines, shapes etc. Didnt take long for one of my little artists, Ash to join me.
So relaxing and peaceful, especially when little bubby is in bed taking a nap and big sis is away at a friends place, Daddy is pottering in his shed...so Ashley and I got busy. Love sharing time like this together.
A big roll of plain paper (from Ikea of course, about $7) and the possibilities are endless....I did actually buy it for the girls, but hey, they didnt mind hehehe.

Ash jammie day working on her "self"

I traced around Ash while she lay on the paper, she was surprised how tall she was! (Self portrait in her jammies)

(our notice board fabric gave me the inspiration in the first place)
 Little bits and snippets from the finished product....I just kept on going....Title "Whimsy" (whimsy by name, whimsy by nature.)





We thought it looked good enough to display, so I decided on the kitchen.
 I had this bit of empty wall over a section of the kitchen, I still wasnt sure what to put up there, was thinking maybe plates or something...then believe it or not my artwork was pretty much the exact length and width. So Chris sprayed the wall with some spray adhesive and together we lined it up and stuck it on. (I was hesitant to use any glue or wall-paper adhesive incase it made the paper swell). The adhesive seemed to do the trick!


looking left

.....right
The lighting wasnt the best, was early evening, but the angle of this wall has the natural light behind it from the window. And because there was enough colour going on in the kitchen already, I thought it was good enough for my drawing to stay black and white...

Job done, well no, it wasnt a job, was pure enjoyment and I am happy enough with the finished product. All you need is a marker and some paper and a little time, all up it took me two days coming and going (between meals/kiddy time etc). But its nice to walk away from and come back with fresh eyes anyway.
Bye for today!

Deahne xo

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Dee! Well done! It's nice to have the time to do this type of thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, absolutley....so relaxing whenever I have some spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Deahne that is so beautiful!!!! You are so clever I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete