Friday 8 February 2013

pompom pimping

I have a lovely chandelier over our dining table, but I have been wondering how to change it up a little...was considering painting it a lovely bright, bold colour....but in the meantime I decided to throw a   little handmade pompom garland onto it.

Its funny because I am seeing pompoms pop up all over the place, huge ones and tiny! so colourful and cute with that childish charm about them too. I figured it was an easy fix to adding some MORE colour, because as you may (or may not) know I LOVE colour!!

Before I stick my pic in...found a great article in this months Summer Entertaining special edition of INSIDE OUT magazine (a fave of mine...) Its on a fellow blogger Alenka von Engelhardt, she has done some beautifully creative things with simple pompoms (as well as other objects), worth having a look! her blog is called yellowpaperkite.

Anyhoo, heres my chandelier pimped with my pom pom garland. (Made by simply threading little pom poms straight onto some coloured cotton). Think I will be making some more, but longer! would look cute in the kids room too....till next time...thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment